Translate

2/3/10

Thoughts on turning 50

Happy New Year imaginary friends! In two weeks I turn 50 years old and find that I am unexpectantly excited about it. Half of a century! An age supposedly full of wisdom! It feels like finally reaching adulthood, isn't that strange? What have I been for the last 30 years, if not an adult? Does turning 50 mean that I will no longer make stupid mistakes, wrong choices, unwise decisions? Probably not, but it feels like it should! It feels fresh, like starting over, a new page to a new chapter in my book of life! Yes, there are alot of things I have trouble doing these days and I don't have the energy or stamina that I once did but I feel good!! I believe the end days are here and it's time to firmly plant both feet in the kingdom of God. Mine are planted, I relish the thought of standing boldly for my King. I have been through enough battles to know that although I don't like them I am confident in my ability to fight. I know the heart of my Father and my goal is to live for His pleasure. I wish that I could spend more time serving others, my children included. I wish I could spend more time with my grandchildren, it weighs heavy on me to be an example to them, to try to teach them the things that I seem to have failed teaching my children; things like trusting God completely, living to honor Him, living by His rules and knowing that by doing so blessings will come. I'm sure I will have the time to do these things eventually! But until then, I will celebrate my birthday with a potluck supper celebration; my girls asked me why a potluck! They had never heard of such a thing! I told them because I like potlucks, they are fun and it seemed to be an inexpensive way to throw a party. Potluck suppers are fun!! Food, conversation, watching people enjoy themselves, being with people I care about; I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday!!!
So 50, here I come!! I'll try not to make my expectations too high, but I expect 50 to be as fabulous as 'they' say it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment