Translate

10/28/09

Evidence of God's work in the life of my children

My youngest daughter and her 'mate' of five years finally tied the knot last month. It has been quite a jouney for me, wrestling with my beliefs, what the Bible teaches about co-habitation and my love for my daughter. I totally believed that God viewed the situation as sin and that it hindered her chances of being taken when Christ returned. I also believe that God could not fully bless them and move in their lives to His fullest extent while they continued to live together. I continued to pray for them both and for their children. They had no income, no transportation and no place to call their own.

I know that God would begin to provide these things once they brought themselves into allignment with what He designed a relationship to be. Sure enough, the week of the wedding my son in law found a job and a few weeks afterwards someone provided them with a vehicle! It needs some work and the job is seasonal, but God is faithful and will continue to provide for them. I still pray for them and especially for my sil that he will begin to recognize that God will take care of them, that he would begin to truly trust God's provision. Next on the list is a place they can call home. I know that God will provide exactly what they need for exactly what they can afford. He has done it for me!

My other daughter and sil had a 'misunderstanding' over some work he did for the landlord and found themselves with an eviction threat. On the deadline day exactly what they needed to cover the rent arrived in the mail!! There was even enough left over to put gas in their vehicle (they had run out of gas that morning and we put $10 in their tank)!! My daughter called me so excited, she even declared God's praise on her fb status. It is good to see God caring for my children when they are at an age that I should not have to be. I worry about them as they continue to mature and learn to make their own decisions, good and bad! My God is faithful to me as well as to my children and my children's children! He is wise and just, full of mercy and grace. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment