Translate

10/28/09

A Dream

I have had a couple of odd dreams that stay on my mind which usually means that I need to write them down. Tonight's dream involved my church and pastor. "There was a meeting being held, an all church meeting; up on the stage are several chairs set up panel style and several area vineyard pastors (I knew none of them) including our pastor sat in them. The question posed to the congregation was in a nutshell 'why do you think the church has stopped growing? are you unhappy with your pastor's performance?' The meeting did not last long, no one had any comments. After the pastors had left, there was much murmuring and complaining. No one was willing to be honest about how they felt in front of our pastor. The pastor's wife at one point (remember this is a dream and the timeline was very disjointed) got on stage and scolded the people for not supporting and standing by the pastor; she mentioned a particular time that he had worn himself out for the church. We saw him standing on stage next to her (like a memory), he was bent completely over with his arms hanging to the floor and his head down like a rag doll. Someone mentioned it was time for him to retire, there was concern for his health. There was a suggestion to contact the area pastor privately to let him know that no one would speak out against the pastor publicly. I woke up."
Now I did eat pizza last night and I have been concerned about our church and our pastor's health, so this dream may mean nothing but that I am overly concerned about it all. Now I am pondering and asking my God is it is a warning of some sort and should I relate this dream to my pastor. Time and prayer will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment